Women Build is a Habitat for Humanity program for women who want to learn construction skills, build homes and make a difference in their community. The program brings together women from all backgrounds to address the housing crisis facing millions of women and children worldwide. Women Build empowers women to take action against poverty housing conditions.
Women Build volunteers have the opportunity to participate in construction on an actual Habitat build site. An all-female group of trained volunteers and staff provide onsite instruction and supervision to all volunteers.
Since 2004, Schenectady Habitat’s Women Build program has helped to build twelve homes.
Women Build 2023
Join us as we celebrate Women Build 2023 on May 3rd, 4th and 6th!
This national initiative invites women to devote at least one day to help build decent, affordable housing in their local communities. Come help us build and raise funds and awareness of the need for decent, affordable housing for hard-working families in Schenectady County.
- No experience or tools are necessary! Volunteers should simply have a willingness to learn and an eagerness to participate in construction work. You will be assigned tasks the day of and given more specific information, including the address of the build, prior to the actual day.
- Volunteers should be able to make a full day commitment (9:00 AM – 3:00 PM), and must be at least 16 years old (with parental consent) in order to participate.
- There is no fee to participate in Women Build, however, if you would like to help raise money to support Habitat’s mission, we are challenging everyone to raise $50 each by creating your own fundraising page. You can do that by clicking here.
- Because space is limited, please choose only 1 day from the options listed below.
- Water & lunch will be provided, along with Women Build t-shirts – we will be in touch to get your t-shirt size!
- All volunteers, no matter which day you participate, will be invited to a mixer on Saturday, May 6th at 6PM – location TBA. More details will be shared about the mixer later. Women Build Sponsors and Habitat Staff & Board Members are also invited.
- Spaces are limited, so reserve your spot today!
Please note that the online sign-up form is for individuals only. Companies or groups should contact Kerrie (companies) or Lauren (groups) to inquire. Due to the limited spaces, we may or may not be able to accommodate groups for this event. If we can not accommodate your group for Women Build, we would love to explore the opportunity to bring your group out for their very own build day!
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Moore via email or by phone at 518.395.3412 ext. 109.
Come help us build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter!
Thank You to our 2023 Women Build Sponsors!
Hamilton Hill Arts Center
Drinking Gourd Farm LLC
Office/Mailing Address115 N. Broadway
Schenectady, NY 12305
Habitat ReStore Schenectady115 N. Broadway
Schenectady, NY 12305
Phone: 518.395.3412 ext. 101