Pride Build has been postponed at this time. We hope to hold a build day in the near future, but a new date has not yet been determined. Please check back.
Join us as we celebrate our first-ever Pride Build on Saturday, June 17, 2023!
At Habitat for Humanity of Schenectady County, we believe everyone deserves a decent place to live. This year, we are excited to announce our first-ever Pride Build event and invite members of the LGBTQ+ community and allies to help us build a home for a family in need.
No construction experience is needed to be a part of this initiative! We’ll give you the tools and skills you need to make an impact. Your time and support help empower individuals and families of all compositions to obtain safe, affordable housing. You will come away from your build experience feeling empowered with new skills – and knowing you brought a Habitat partner family one step closer to achieving their dream of home ownership.
- Like we said, no experience or tools are necessary! Volunteers should simply have a willingness to learn and an eagerness to participate in construction work. You will be assigned tasks the day of and given more specific information, including the address of the build, prior to the actual day.
- Volunteers should be able to make a full day commitment (9:00 AM – 3:00 PM), and must be at least 16 years old (with parental consent) in order to participate.
- There is no fee to participate in Pride Build, however, if you would like to make a donation to support Habitat’s mission, you are welcome to do so.
- Water & lunch will be provided, along with Pride Build t-shirts – please enter your t-shirt size in the comments section when you register!
- Spaces are limited, so reserve your spot today!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Please note that the online sign-up form is for individuals only. Companies or groups should contact Kerrie to inquire. Due to the limited spaces, we may or may not be able to accommodate groups for this day. If we can not accommodate your group for this particular build day, we would love to explore the opportunity to bring your group out for their very own build day!
If you have any questions, please contact Kerrie Wolf-Piechota via email or by phone at 518.395.3412 ext. 103.
Come help us build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter!